- Are the three ingredients on the front of the can the only essential oils in the spray?
- Our proprietary odor-neutralizing botanical base contains over a dozen pure essential oils and is present in each product. On top of that, we layer additional essential oils to create scentscapes highlighting each of our scent collections.
- Are you sure you don’t use any isolates or synthetics?
Yes! As discerning professional aromatherapists, we are dedicated to using whole-plant essential oils. Cutting essential oils with cheaper synthetics or trying to create “nature identical” fragrance oils in a lab is something we would never do. We believe nature makes it better!
- What are the ingredients in Atmosphoria?
We use only pure essential oils, absolutes and botanical extracts to create our scents. These botanical ingredients are suspended in pure water using a vegetable emulsifier. This is all you will find in Atmosphoria-nothing synthetic, nothing toxic.
- Are all essential oils safe?
- Essential oils should be treated with respect and Atmosphoria AromaMists should never be sprayed on or in the eyes, nose, ears, mouth or skin. When used as directed, essential oils provide a safe and natural way to freshen a space without phthalates, endocrine disrupting chemicals and all the irritating ingredients in conventional air fresheners.
- Why can’t I spray this can upside down?
- Everything about Atmosphoria is different than conventional air fresheners, and the fact that we use water means we need to slightly alter how we treat our AromaMist. Always spraying upright will ensure that you can blissfully enjoy your Atmosphoria sprays until the can is completely empty.
We worked really hard to get water to come out of a can in a similar fashion to the compressed gases (e.g.butane) in conventional air fresheners, but the reality is that water just behaves differently. If sprayed upside down, water will get stuck in the sprayer and your AromaMist will cease to work.
- Oops. I sprayed my can upside down and now it doesn’t work.
If you have a registered account with us, we are happy to provide you with ONE replacement coupon - good for ONE free replacement spray if you didn’t read the instructions on the back. Just send it back to us and you get an out this time. We want you to use and love Atmosphoria. Next time, PLEASE only spray upright.
- Can Atmosphoria AromaMists freeze?
- Yes, our water-based mists will freeze. We undertake shipping precautions in the winter months to ensure your sprays arrive above the freezing point; but if left below freezing for too long, the laws of nature will prevail. We could have put some not-so-nice chemicals in there to prevent freezing, but as you might have noticed, that’s not really our thing. We encourage you to treat Atmosphoria like a fine wine - protect from freezing and enjoy with friends!
- Is it flammable?
- No. Our water-based mist is not flammable or combustible. We use a healthy-to-breathe compressed air system that is not in danger of combusting. Instead of a warning label to keep away from fire or flame, our only caution is to remind you that water-based mist may cause wet surfaces - but definitely no explosions!
- Slippery when wet!
- Since Atmosphoria delivers aromas via a water-based mist, it IS important to remember that spraying for a prolonged period over a surface, floor or fabric may cause noticeable wetness. To avoid slippery floors or wet fabric, we recommend spraying high above surfaces and for a shorter duration. Evaluate the amount of mist that is collecting, and ensure that you are comfortable with the result.
- Can I recycle the can?
- Absolutely! Our can is 100% recyclable.
- Why do some of my Atmosphoria scents last longer than others?
- Essential oils all have their own “volatility rate” which refers to how quickly the essential oils evaporate into the air. Volatility rate differs depending on the botanical chemical composition of each essential oil. Essential oils with higher volatility will not last as long as those with lower volatility. Unlike synthetic fragrances which contain ingredients which “stick” the scents to you and your surroundings, Atmosphoria is completely pure, so they must be used as you wish to keep the scent around. Typically you will find the Floral, Exotic, Gourmet, and Outdoors Collections last longer than the Citrus, Fresh or Clean Collections, but this also depends on how much AromaMist is used and what it is sprayed on. Linens, towels, curtains, rugs, upholstered furniture and fabrics will generally hold scent longer than non-porous surfaces.
- What is “Quiet Spray Technology”?
Quiet Spray Technology is part of our proprietary delivery system which allows a fine mist expression of our Atmosphoria AromaMists with no obvious or loud sound, only a gentle and subtle sound is heard. Quiet Spray Technology is perfect for those moments you need a quick incognito scent adjustment.